Design Team Call
Don't forget, the OCC iswlooking for fresh blood and you still have another week to apply to be on the design team. The call is open through January 14th. We are looking for five new designers for a six month term - February 1st through July 31st. One of them could be you! Click HERE for the DT requirements and how to apply.
This Week's Challenge
Our challenge to you this week is to use the image below for your project inspiration. For example, you could use birds, winter, colors, berries, etc. as your inspiration. Everyone is welcome to play along at any time. If you upload your card/project to SCS, please uses the keyword OCCC.
Here is my card:
- I will get the instructions written down later but for now, here is a list of ingredients:
- Stamp sets: En Français Background stamps, Punch Potpourri (hostess level 1) and the sentiment comes form the Cottage Garden stamp set.
- Accessories: Basic Pearls Jewels
- Inks: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler
- Adhesive: Dimensionals and Tombo Tools: Sponges, Big Shot, Boho Blossom Punch, Bird Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Sizzlit Dies; Swirls Scribbles, Scalloped Heart of Hearts . Bigz Die; Scallop Envelope.
- Stamp in Crumb Cake Ink the "en Français" Backgound stamp on your card front leaving the bottom portion unstamped.
- lay a piece of 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" of Early Espresso CS on your card front (a little bit lower than the center)
- In Cherry Cobbler, punch 2 strips using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and glue them in place. One at the bottom of the Early Espresso piece and the other one, off set on top of that last one.
- Stamp the sentiment on a strip of 1" x 4 1/4" of Crumb Cake CS. I colored directly on the stamp using the Stampin'Write Markers.
- Adhere at the bottom of the card front using Tombow Glue.
- Run a piece of Whisper White CS through the Big shot using the Scallop Envelope Die. Assemble (glue shut), Stamp the flowers from the Punch Pot pourri stamp set in Crumb Cake ink onto the envelope.
- Stick it to the front of the card on an angle.
- Cut a swirl in Crumb Cake (Big Shot), Punch out leaves in Whisper White CS. Glue them down with glue
- On Whisper White CS, stamp the Bird in Crumb cake and the belly in Early Espresso ink. Colour the Heart in Cherry Cobbler and the flower stems in Old Olive. Ink the flowers in Crumb Cake ink using the Rock-n-Roll technique, add some Cherry Cobbler to the petals. Use the Bird, the large heart and Boho Blossom punches to cut them out.
- You'll need one Scalloped heart in Cherry Cobbler CS (Big Shot). Adhere your punched heart on your scalloped heart. Use dimensionals to make the flowers, birds and anything else that needs to pop-up!
- Tada! Done!!!